In an effort to continue flexing my blogging muscles and fight blogging block, I present without comment a list of annoying generalizations.
1. YA is more inventive than any other genre fiction.
2. Women choose books based on desire and emotion, kind of like how men choose porn.
3. If it is written by a woman and has a female protagonist it is feminist.
4. There are no books for boys.
5. If one book is bad, so is the whole genre (especially if it is YA, NA, or romance).
6. People who read ebooks go for quantity over quality.
7. Older books are so much worse at handling political issues than current ones.
8. 50 Shades of Grey __________________ . (It doesn’t matter how you fill this one in.)
9. The future of the book is ________________ . (See #8 above)
10. Independent book sellers hate genre fiction.
11. A pirated book is a lost sale.
12. A loaned book is a lost sale.
13. Those free Kindle books are hoarded, not read.
14. A critical review is a negative review.
15. Self-published books are crap.
16. Amazon and Goodreads reviewers are different from (read: inferior to) book bloggers.
17. People read book reviews only to decide if they want to buy the book.
18. Print is dying.